List:       linux-newbie
Subject:    Re: Burn Mulitple cd's at once?
From:       chuck gelm <chuck () gelm ! net>
Date:       2006-01-31 2:49:26

Chuck I keep getting an error on the last line syntax error: unexpected end
of file

I tried adding "exit" to the script but it didn't change the error. -Just
moved the line number down one.

The arguments print correctly,
First argument is filename
Second argument is speed

<Those are only echo statements.  They do not indicate that anything happend.
 It does indicate that you entered

 "burncd.sh filename speed"

 Whereas you should have entered something like

 "burncd.sh badabing.iso 52"

 :-|   >

however there is no action on the cd drives.

I checked the numbers with cdrecord -scanbus and made the approriate
changes.

<Show the output of "cdrecord -scanbus".>

Any ideas? Fedora 4

/Todd

Hi, Todd:

 You must be root or 'sudo root' :-|

 Show the exact command.
What is the output of
 cdrecord -version
 cerecord -scanbus

 There are some linefeeds in your post that should not be in the script.
They may have been generated by my email viewer.  :-|
"cdrecord -v dev=0,0,0 fs=64M speed=$2 driveropts=burnproof gracetime=2 $1 &"
is one line.

 What are you entering as the first argument?
 What are you entering as the secord argument?

 You can leave out the speed argument from the script as I think cdrecord
will attempt to burn at the maximum speed reported from the CDRW device.

 You can leave out 'gracetime'.  This will result in the default wait time
before burn.

 If burncd.sh is in your path, your command should look something like this

burncd.sh yabadabadoo.iso 52

HTH, Chuck

-