List:       linux-newbie
Subject:    Modem Busy
From:       "heisspf () skyinet ! net" <heisspf () skyinet ! net>
Date:       2006-01-16 1:09:31

Hi,

My broadband Internet base station broke down. Therefore, I have to use the
modem dial-up for Internet connection until the station is fixed.

Now in slackware 10.2 using kppp when trying to connect or when querying
the
modem it shows "modem busy" and I cannot make a connection consequently.

Before I got the BB connection I always used kppp to dial-up w/o any
problems.
All the same settings except it was slack 10.1.

I switch now to my Fedora box and can make a connection with the dial-up
modem
easily.

I just found that minicom will not go onlione as well.

Why would kppp claim that the modem is busy and how can I correct this? The
lights on the modem do not show anything that it is busy.

Thanks & regards

Peter