List:       linux-newbie
Subject:    iptables problem.
From:       Richard Adams <pa3gcu () zeelandnet ! nl>
Date:       2005-08-28 15:53:22

Hi All.

Has anybody every tryed getting a VPN connection thro his/her firewall here on
this list.??
I can get it to work no problem with iptables FORWARD ALLOW, but not when i
use my default setting of, FORWARD DENY and;

iptables -t nat -A PREROUTING -i eth0 -p tcp -d x.x.x.x --dport 1723 -j DNAT \
--to 10.11.12.28:1723
iptables -A FORWARD -i eth0 -o eth1 -p tcp -d 10.11.12.28 --dport 1723 -j \
ACCEPT

I also tryed the following.

iptables -t nat -A PREROUTING -i eth0 -p tcp --dport 1723 -j DNAT --to \
10.11.12.28
iptables -t nat -A PREROUTING -i eth0 -p 47 -j DNAT --to 10.11.12.28

I have used google and found plenty of folks with my problem, but i can seem
to find a mail or faq site actually giving the solution.

Yes this mail may seem vauge because it possably is, but if you are a net-guru
i certainly can supply more info and possably my whole iptables script
off-line of course.

--
Regards Richard.
-