List:       linux-newbie
Subject:    Re: Fwd: a simple way to burn DVDs
From:       Mr Mike <mike () ejecta ! net>
Date:       2005-07-20 5:32:25

On Wed, 20 Jul 2005 10:11:57 +0730, Yawar Amin wrote:

> [...]

Yawar, I think the key word here is 'simple'
Maybe it's just two different views but I dont
think applying a CLI approach is answering his question
while keeping 'simple' in mind.  I use the cli all day
and prefer it a bunch over a lot of gui stuff, BUT when
I want/need to burn CD/DVD I much prefer the 'simplicity'
of K3B or Gnomebaker or whaterver over the command line.

He was asking for a SIMPLE way.. not a complex,
multi-step cli appraoch requiring su to root and
back then even MORE cli commands.  Sorry, but that
approach is to 'complex' for a question asking for
a SIMPLE solution.

note:  don't get me wrong, I want every linux user no matter
how clueless, to eventually learn enough cli to do these sort of
things.  but...  until they reach that level, let them 'point and click'
away.. :-)

-