List:       linux-newbie
Subject:    Re: Mouse grab and multiple desktops
From:       Eric Bambach <eric () cisu ! net>
Date:       2005-02-16 0:34:23

On Tuesday 15 February 2005 09:00 am, you wrote:
> Eric Bambach wrote:
> >Hello,
> > I am not a newbie but its sort of a newbie question so here goes. Note,
> > these are PHYSICAL X desktops, not the kde virtual ones.
> >
> >I run multiple desktops (seperate kde 3.3 desktops, not xinerama). Is
> > there either
> >
> >Some key combonation that will switch desktops?
> >ex. Working in desktop 1, push ctrl-foo -> mouse and context jumps to #2
> >
> >Or
> >
> >Some key combonation that universally releases a mouse from SDL apps?
> >ex. Some games grab the mouse and I want to be able to release it to
> > naviagate to desktop 2, and then back to #1 where I would click and the
> > app would re-grab the mouse. Think VMWare if any of you have used it,
> > except with native fullscreen SDL apps.
> >
> >Thanks
>
> I'm pretty sure you can switch between instances of X running KDE (or
> any WM for that matter) by pressing:
>
> Ctl + Alt + F7-F10
>
> As far as the mouse goes, it should be free to do whatever on the other
> instances of X.

Thanks for the reply, perhaps my situation wasn't clear. It is two screens on
ONE X server with two video cards. CTRL-ALT- F(n) will obviously cause both
my desktop to go away ;)

--EB

> All is fine except that I can reliably "oops" it simply by trying to read
> from /proc/apm (e.g. cat /proc/apm).
> oops output and ksymoops-2.3.4 output is attached.
> Is there anything else I can contribute?

The latitude and longtitude of the bios writers current position, and
a ballistic missile.

                --Alan Cox LKML-December 08,2000