List:       linux-newbie
Subject:    exported variable & usage problem
From:       "Mukund JB." <mukundjb () esntechnologies ! co ! in>
Date:       2004-12-21 6:31:20

Hi all,

Good morning.

I have a small problem & I searched enough for finding (resolving) it.

The problem is I have 2 modules.
First module exports some symbols to the symbol table using EXPORT_SYMBOL. Second \
module uses the symbols exported by the first module when loaded (at asynchronous \
time intervals) is giving an error saying

"capture.o: unresolved symbol glb_time"
where glb_time is the exported variable of type "struct timeval".

Cat /proc/ksyms | grep glb_time
is also working.

Why is this happening?
Should I do some thing in a second module before just directly using an exported \
variable in it?  Confused... Please help?

Regards,
Mukund jampala

-