List:       linux-newbie
Subject:    Re: An easy home version of Linux
From:       Peter <heisspf () skyinet ! net>
Date:       2004-10-19 2:25:17

Hi Anna

Slackware will surely do it as you control the installation. I installed and
run it on less than 2 Gb with only 124 Mb memory. You can even install
ZipSlack on a dos partition of which the basic installation w/o X uses only
around 80 Mb.

And yes I find Knoppix great, either you run it entirely from the CD or what I
did copied some files to the HD. Now I boot with the CD and run it from the HD
that uses about 1.6 Gb disk space with the complete KDE jazz et all. That
frees the CD.

Regards

--
Peter