List:       linux-newbie
Subject:    Re: QM_MODULES probs
From:       pa3gcu <pa3gcu () zeelandnet ! nl>
Date:       2004-09-14 8:51:01

On Tuesday 14 September 2004 10:08, karthi n wrote:
> hai,
>           i am new to this list, while i boot the box with newly
> complied kernel 2.6.8-1, i lost my network connection, err msg is
>
> "ifup: QM_MODULES: Function not implemented"
>
> in somany places, can you help me to solve this issue,

This is not a kernel issue, its an operator error message, it means or the
chances are that you did not read the fine documentation before taking the
plunge to a new kernel or kernel series.

I suggest you read /usr/src/linux/Documentation/Changes, do what is written
from line +/- 51 to 66, if your system does not comply then obtain the
nessasary packages, one is almost certainly "modutils", down the Changes file
a way are all the URL's where you can get the needed versions.

--
If the Linux community is a bunch of thieves because they
try to imitate windows programs, then the Windows community

Regards Richard
pa3gcu@zeelandnet.nl
http://people.zeelandnet.nl/pa3gcu/

-