List:       linux-newbie
Subject:    RE: ssh setup: user 'locked out' daily
From:       "Eve Atley" <eatley () wowcorp ! com>
Date:       2004-08-19 18:54:19

Thanks for the reply!

Ok, I did some looking, and chage pulls up the following info (with user
'emon' being one of the problematic ones,  and user 'eve' being an old
account):
[root@wow-rtr etc]# chage -l emon
Minimum:        -1
Maximum:        99999
Warning:        -1
Inactive:       -1
Last Change:            Aug 19, 2004
Password Expires:       Never
Password Inactive:      Never
Account Expires:        Never
[root@wow-rtr etc]# chage -l eve
Minimum:        0
Maximum:        0
Warning:        7
Inactive:       0
Last Change:            Feb 03, 2004
Password Expires:       Never
Password Inactive:      Never
Account Expires:        Never
[root@wow-rtr etc]#

The odd thing is that previous to my change (using a kewl graphical tool) of
removing the password expiration, user 'emon' looked just the same as user
'eve' which was set up quite some time ago.

I set up user 'emon' the same was as 2 previous users, and they have not
expired!

- Eve