List:       linux-newbie
Subject:    Kernel 2.6 Compiling problems
From:       "Adam Luchjenbroers" <adam () luchjenbroers ! com>
Date:       2004-05-28 1:41:06

CC      scripts/empty.o
cc1: Invalid option `32'
make[1]: *** [scripts/empty.o] Error 1
make: *** [scripts] Error 2

This is the only error I get, it appears that empty.c is an empty file used
to detect some system information (endianness and wordsize). Apart from the
file itself, there is no reference to it in the scripts folder.

elfconfig.h uses it as a build requirement. Any idea what might be causing
this problem? I am attempting to build a kernel RPM with a custom config
(using Arjans kernel source rpm as a base).
-