List:       linux-newbie
Subject:    RE: Kernel seems to be blocking messages
From:       "Armen Kaleshian" <akaleshian () kriation ! com>
Date:       2004-02-22 15:54:46

There is one more change you need to make so that you are able to do NAT.

In /etc/sysctl.conf, you need to add/change the line:
 net.ipv4.ip_forward = 1

The above might be set to zero, and if it is, change it to 1. Unfortunately,
for this change to take effect, you'd need to reboot the system, but there's
a quicker way. After you add the above line to the file, do the following:

If routing has been setup correctly for this machine, then any machine using
it as its router should be able to access the outside.

Make sure that you set some rules for outside traffic, or else potential
crackers could break the machine in little time, especially if you have
services running on the box.

Good Luck!