List:       linux-newbie
Subject:    kernel error?
From:       joy <gracecott () sancharnet ! in>
Date:       2003-12-29 16:43:40

Hi,

I just compiled my new 2.6 kernel and when I boot thru it, I get an
error saying:
VFS : cannot open root device "345" or unknown-block (3,69)
OK.so I give an argument roo=/dev/hdb5 (that's my root partiton, I get
the message
VFS : cannot open root device "hdb5" or unknown-block (0,0)
anyone with an answer?
My old kernel worked fine w/o any lilo args.
and used to refer to my hdd as (03:05) when I had it as hda.

Thanks in advance,
deadhead.