List:       linux-newbie
Subject:    Re: looking for .....
From:       Richard Dawson <rcdawson () att ! net>
Date:       2003-12-28 18:23:03

I have several Cadet PC Radio cards.  8 bit, ISA bus.  ADS technologies,
Cerritos, CA.  These are antiques requiring a 486DX33 or better!  They also
"need" a separate sound card.  (The box says recommended.)  The box also says
it will work with Win 95, 98, or Linux.  One of these days I will have to try
them out.  I wanted to set up a box to record radio progams when I am away.

I found them via google.  They were cheap enough that I bought more than the
one that I thought I could use.  As I recall, they were under $20 each.

When I bought these I also came across an external radio that plugged into a
serial port and came with Windows software.  That unit  was also under
$20.00.  Unfortunately the one I received worked only on AM.  The cost to
return it for refund was about 1/2 the cost of the unit!

I found all this, as I recall, by searching for PC radio card on google.
There were several companies selling the hardware.  They are probably better
equiped to send you the stuff than I, so try them first.

-