List:       linux-newbie
Subject:    X got bust
From:       Peter <heisspf () skyinet ! net>
Date:       2003-09-27 1:31:55

Hi,

When I switched my computer on this morning I could not start X instead got
the message: "fatal error, could not find fix fonts", or something like that.

Now the XF86Config-4 file has not been touched since installed last year
except for a change in the mouse device last March. I have some back-ups and
they all read the same.

After the initial panic I then copied the Section Files from the XF86Config-4
in my Slackware box over to the one in RH73 and X came back to life.

Quetion: How can such a thing happen that X suddenly fails?

All I did yesterday reinstall applixware and before logging out opened kfm and
gmc at the same time since I saw them in the Program Panel and had forgotten
what programs they were. I am using FVWM2.

Regards

--
Peter

-