List:       linux-newbie
Subject:    Postfix as a relay
From:       Chris Rose <offline () shaw ! ca>
Date:       2003-07-31 15:18:23

My setup is currently to have postfix relay all messages through my
isp's smtp server, and it's doing so only from local IPs.  This poses
two problems:  One, i'd like to be able to access my smtp server from
outside the local network, so i need to know how to secure it.  Two, i
would like to have certain mail addresses - specifically, messages
addressed to local users - more specifically, root and postmaster (for
logging notifications) - - not be relayed.  Can someone help me with
this?  I admit, my configuration is more luck than anything, and i'm
really nervous about altering it, since the current setup is A) working
and B) kind of important, given that all my email comes in to this
server and is sent to my local imap server.  So postfix being dead could
really toast my personal mail system.

Anyone up to the task?

--
Chris R.