List:       linux-newbie
Subject:    Re: Manually assigning identical cards
From:       beolach () juno ! com
Date:       2003-07-23 5:29:31

A good read on this is in the Ethernet-HOWTO, available
online in The Linux Documentation Project,  at:
<http://www.tldp.org/HOWTO/Ethernet-HOWTO.html>.

Specifically, you would be interested in Section 2.3
"Using More than one Ethernet Card per Machine" at:
<http://www.tldp.org/HOWTO/Ethernet-HOWTO-2.html#ss2.3>

Also note that many distributions include these HOWTOs
(I don't know about yours... I've actually never heard
of Smoothwall).  Where to find it on your local machine
varies from distribution to distibution; in Slackware
(that I use) they are in /usr/doc/Linux-HOWTOs.

Hope this helps,
Conway S. Smith