List:       linux-newbie
Subject:    Re: About newbie help
From:       James Mohr <linux-newbie () jimmo ! com>
Date:       2003-06-19 10:21:23

On Wednesday 18 June 2003 13:51, Amin wrote:
> On Wed, 18 Jun 2003 13:25:33 +0300, Halil Demirezen
>
> <nitrium@bilmuh.ege.edu.tr> wrote:
> > Yes, they all seem nice for initial. And extra, bh processing, spinlocks
> > and usage of semaphores in linux kernel, the cache tables.. etc etc.
> >
> > I am looking for a document that will not be so deep, however, for an
> > entrance into the deepness..
> >
> > Google is treasure, however, you usually got lost in there.
> >
> > thanx.
>
> Sounds like you want Dave Rusling's ``The Linux Kernel'' at
>
> http://www.tldp.org/guides.html
>
> Yawar Amin

An expanded version of Dave's paper can be found here:

http://www.linux-tutorial.info/cgi-bin/display.pl?81&0&0&0&3

This is actually a combination of two different documents on the kernel, as
well as operating system basics. Rather than being a static document, like
most of the the stuff on the LDP, the entire Linux Tutorial is interactive.
It provides links between various sections and to other sites, pop-up
glossary terms, and much more.

Regards,

jimmo

--
"Be more concerned with your character than with your reputation. Your