List:       linux-newbie
Subject:    Re: Slackware 8.1.01 Install????
From:       Hal MacArgle <haltec () kvinet ! com>
Date:       2003-05-30 20:57:58

On 05-29, James Miller wrote:
> On Thu, 29 May 2003, pa3gcu wrote:
> > >
> > > As of now I've concluded the only _easy_ way out is to termporarily
> > > fit an IDE CD for the install and then re-fit the SCSI CD.. What do
> > > YOU think??? Appreciate!!
> >
> > There could be another way;
> > I have installed slackware 9 on a couple of machines using old slack 8.0 boot
> > floppys.
> > Simply try and boot with slack's 8.0 scsi.s and color.gz and then after
> > booting place the slack 8.1 cdrom in the drive.
> > Of course this may not work for you but it has worked for me on several
> > occations.
> >
> Seems like this should work.  Isn't Slack the distro that asks you which
> kernel image you want to install at the very end of the install process?
>
> James

		Greetings: Negative - the kernel image you select is
on the boot floppy, Slack =<8.0, plus a "root" floppy to get into the
install screens.. It was all changed with 8.1 in that the image is
loaded via 'syslinux' from the bootable CD.. I'm still bogged down
with this - more later for Richard and Chuck..

    Hal - in Terra Alta, WV - Slackware GNU/Linux 8.0   (2.4.18)
                Proprietary  Formats  Unacceptable
.
-