List:       linux-newbie
Subject:    Re: Terminal problems
From:       <deepesh () india ! tejasnetworks ! com>
Date:       2003-05-21 4:01:10

Hi,

  I have done this before. I didn't use the 'od -c' command, but I had
done the comparison before. And I found that all characters above a
certain ascii value were getting corrupted. I have to repeat the
experiment again to find exactly what that value was.

  But these were my observations:

  All the Capital letters were intact, no problems.
  All the small letters were changed to the extended ascii characters.

  If you can conclude something from this,

Deepesh

D.Deepesh

-