List:       linux-newbie
Subject:    Re: Trying to get GUI'ed
From:       Haines Brown <brownh () hartford-hwp ! com>
Date:       2002-10-31 11:58:36

> > Third, I wanted to uninstall the driver RPM. First, I used rpm -ql on
> > NVIDIA_kernel to get the driver's name. The one return was
> > /lib/modules/2.4.18-10/kernel/drivers/video/NVdriver. Then I ran: rpm -Uvh
> > NVdriver. Unfortunately, "no such file." Apparently I can't run the x
> > server without this uninstall, and apparently I'm not going about it in
> > the right way.
>
> Are you trying to uninstall that?  Not with -U you can't.

Sorry about the typo. I meant rpm -e. The problem was that I was
trying to uninstall the driver rpm, not the driver package rpm, and
had to uninstall the GLX package first. I had sucess when I figured
out the right target. By the way, it was nice how rpm -e automatically
recovered the old files it had put aside in the form xxx....RPMSAVE.

Thanks.

Haines

-