List:       linux-newbie
Subject:    Re: /net
From:       Ray Olszewski <ray () comarre ! com>
Date:       2002-10-30 2:48:46

I can't help you too much, Bryan, but maybe just enough to let you move ahead.

This mount point is managed by amd (AutoMount Daemon), which I do not use.
You might look through your init scripts to find the one that invokes it,
then modify the script or disable it completely (depending on whether it
does other things you still need done). Or maybe Mandrake's "services"
configuration offers a way to control amd.

Beyond that ... you still need to use "lsof" to find out what process has
something in that directory (or perhaps the directory itself) open to
interfere with the umount command. Or the control file "/etc/amd.net" may
contain illuminating information.