List:       linux-newbie
Subject:    Re: Can't see my drives
From:       cr <cr () orcon ! net ! nz>
Date:       2002-08-30 23:10:13

On Saturday 31 August 2002 05:08, Chuck Gelm wrote:
> Howdy, Y'all:
>
>  I noticed that the poster never mentioned, explicitly,
> that they were mounting the filesystem as type iso9660.
> i.e.
> mount -t iso9660 /dev/sd0? /cdrom-rw
>       ^^^^^^^^^^
> Since I am a newbie, I didn't post, until now.
>
> I recall, time after time, the helpful guru's
> (What is plural of 'guru'?)
> ask for the explicit 'command' and the
> explicit 'error message'.
> ;-)
> Chuck

I'll keep this short, don't wanna waste bandwidth - yes I know the importance
of the *exact* commands / error messages (and fstab entries), I did quote 'em
(or what I thought were the relevant ones) earlier in the thread, but until I
have time to try some more experimenting I won't have any to report at this
point.

cr
-