List:       linux-newbie
Subject:    re: APM not rebooting or shutting down machine
From:       Alan Womack <arwbackup () worldnet ! att ! net>
Date:       2002-08-27 13:54:17

I have partially "fixed" the problem with APM by changing my 2.4.18 kernel to not use \
APM and to use ACPI.  I am now able to reboot the machine with shutdown -r now.  It \
did reboot just fine.

The poweroff command stopped there, but a "three finger salute" caused it to reboot.  \
Before I had to go hit the reset button.

I need to get the poweroff to shutdown as well so when I get my APC UPS connected and \
power has been lost, I need to be able to turn that machine off.  I supposed I could \
just have it powerdown and wait there, but, how does one get it to come back up when \
the power is restored?  Have to check the bios for that one.

Alan

Epson Inkjet Printer FAQ: http://welcome.to/epson-inkjet
-