List:       linux-newbie
Subject:    Re: Deny Remote User Logins
From:       pa3gcu <pa3gcu () zeelandnet ! nl>
Date:       2002-07-28 6:18:33

On Saturday 27 July 2002 21:36, 1stFlight wrote:
>  I'm running RH7.3 allowing ssh remote access only, I want to create a user
> account that can log on locally (console) but not remotely. Is this
> possible?

Yes, or at least according to 'man sshd', if you had read the man page you
would have seen that there is a keyword of "DenyUsers".
Remember that there are other ports which accept incomming connections from
users, you will need to close them, providing of course that you have not
done so already.

I suggest you read the man page for sshd you will then see what you need to
do.

--
Regards Richard
pa3gcu@zeelandnet.nl