List:       linux-netdev
Subject:    Re: Adding IPv6 support to IPVS: some general questions about kernel development
From:       "Julius Volz" <juliusv () google ! com>
Date:       2008-03-31 18:29:30

On Mon, Mar 31, 2008, Patrick McHardy <kaber@trash.net> wrote:
>  net/ipvs or net/netfilter/ipvs sound fine. The second is probably
>  better since at some point we should try to merge the duplicated
>  conntrack functionality if possible.

Sure, since IPVS is basically a netfilter extension, that sounds good
to me. Could all the IPv4- and IPv6-specific functionality (as opposed
to the commonly used code) also end up in there or would that still
have to reside under ipv[4,6]/...?

Does it seem wise to do this move as the first thing in this process?
That would probably be a good starter exercise to get to know the
whole process!

Thanks so much for helping!

Kind Regards,
Julius