List:       linux-net
Subject:    Re: Writing Module in kernel...
From:       Deepika Kakrania <deepika () sasken ! com>
Date:       2001-08-28 9:53:03

> On Tue, 28 Aug 2001 12:22:07 +0530 (IST),
> Deepika Kakrania <deepika@sasken.com> wrote:
> >#ifdef CONFIG_NET_MY_KERNEL
> >Now the problem is that if I choose to have this code as a module(
> >CONFIG_NET_MY_KERNEL=m), the code in standard files won't get compiled.Isn't it?
>
> #if defined(CONFIG_NET_MY_KERNEL) || defined(CONFIG_NET_MY_KERNEL_MODULE)

yeah, that will work fine. But another problem is that the code in beween
this #define calls a function which is being defined in a file which is
compiled only if I do "make modules".

Ex.
#if defined(CONFIG_NET_MY_KERNEL) || defined(CONFIG_NET_MY_KERNEL_MODULE)

   start_my_module();
#endif

But start_my_module() is defined in a file called my_file.c which gets
compiled only if I do make modules. And so this situation gives undefined
reference to start_my_module for above case.

Can I know how I can solve this problem?

Regards,
Deepika

-