List:       linux-net
Subject:    Kernel 2.4 Firewall ?
From:       "the sunlover2" <thesunlover2 () hotmail ! com>
Date:       2001-08-23 17:39:49

Hi,

I am going to setup firewall on the RedHat 7.1 with kernel 2.4. Here is what
I get from the Firewall-HOWTO:"If you are using the newer 2.4 kernal there
is a new firewall utility with more feachers. I will write about this soon."

My questions are:
1) Can I still use this HOWTO as a basic guide? I doubt it.
2) Where can I find firewall config materials for kernel 2.4? (are there any
good books specifically for RedHat 7/7.1 security/firewall?)
(BTW, many of the 'Further Readings' links are bad in this Firewall HOWTO. I
did not find something specific in RH web.)

Thanks!

Alex C.
SCNA,SCSA,SSAT,MCSE,MCP+I
Agents in U.S. & Canada are welcomed!