List:       linux-net
Subject:    Re: Other Samba configuration problems
From:       Tim Fletcher <tim () night-shade ! demon ! co ! uk>
Date:       1999-08-31 20:28:37

> I am trying to share a printer and disk on a Slackware
> with Samba and Win/95/98 Workstation and NT Server.
> A share disks work fine.
> but:
> 1.- I can see my linux box from the win9x Network
> Neighborhood panel but I canīn access.
>
> 2.- I canīt access to printer attached to win95 Workstat.
>
> 3.- In the linux box I run:
>
> smbclient -L my linux box  and receive :
>
> *SMBSERVER failed.

Is the server running?

Try telneting to port 139 on the server, if you get a connection there is
at least something listening to the port.

Have you tried running testparm to see if any errors are reported?
Can you send me a copy of the /etc/smb.conf, I run a large number of samba
servers on slackware so I may be able to spot any errors.

--

      Tim Fletcher                  .~.
                                    /V\       L   I   N   U   X

-