List:       linux-net
Subject:    Is there any reason rvplayer5.0 wouldn't work with PPP 2.3.5 and
From:       Miles Lane <root () amazon ! com>
Date:       1999-01-31 8:34:48

I installed RealVideo 5.0 using the file from Real.com.
I have a Crystal Audio sound card that esound and xgalaga
can produce sound on.  I configured rvplayer5.0 to use
TCP-only to penetrate my firewall (this works in on the same
dial-in using Win98).

I get an "Error 1" after the rvplayer5.0 fills its initial
buffers and then goes to connect to the realaudio server
again.  "Error 1" means an unspecified error occured.
(How helpful)

Any clues out there?  Am I overlooking something?

I have followed the instructions for configuring Netscape and
RealVideo libraries, plugins and mime types.  When I click on
a RealAudio link on an HTML page, the rvplayer5.0 gets launched
and the initial buffer queuing happens.  I even hear a pop from
my speakers indicating the sound driver has at least been accessed.

Thanks!
	Miles

-