List:       linux-net
Subject:    Re: latierra
From:       miquels () cistron ! nl (Miquel van Smoorenburg)
Date:       1997-11-28 15:59:45

In article <3.0.5.32.19971128232815.007cb750@204.68.24.130>,
Jun G <mmegj@usa.net> wrote:
>Hello. Has anyone else tried latierra on their machine running 2.0.32? I
>tried it on one of our machines thinking it won't have any effect since
>2.0.32 has been patched already against the land attack. Correct me if I'm
>wrong here, but after running latierra on multiple ports (like from 1 to
>200), my machine did not freeze or crash alright but I got DOS on several
>services like telnet and ftp.

I.e. everything that runs out of inetd. If you connect several times in
a short timespan to one inetd-service inetd will suspend the service
temporarily (5 minutes). Or at least, it should. The Linux port of inetd
tends to suspend the service indefinitely..

Mike.
--
 Miquel van Smoorenburg |  Studying to be a technomage   <*>
    miquels@cistron.nl  | "May you live in interesting times"