List:       linux-net
Subject:    SLIP and Masquerading
From:       Jason Faultless <jxfaultl () bechtel ! com>
Date:       1998-05-29 11:48:17

Is there some inherent reason why you can't masquerade via a SLIP
connection ?

I've been running my internet connection via SLIP for years with no
problems until I recently tried to masquerade an internal machine
over the link. Everything apparently worked fine, except that
connections were lost after only a small amount of data had been
exchanged.

The problem occured with every kernel I tried from 2.1.95 through to 2.1.103

Switching to PPP instantly cured the problem and I'm now running happily
with 2.1.103

Nothing I read mentioned anything about this, so I was wondering if there
was some inherent problem (mtu's etc ?)

--
Jason.

-