List:       linux-net
Subject:    Re: secure networks / vpn
From:       "Prosenjit Kundu" <pkundu.kernel () gmail ! com>
Date:       2006-02-28 8:41:39

It sounds like you need a centralised file server/ other servers in
some place[may be one of your home].Then you need to setup VPN server
for all others to connect.In this regards you can use any Linux box or
lots of SOHO VPN boxes are available.You can get any of them and
configure it.This way all of you can dial thru IP to the network
securly and access wat ever is needed.Even you clients can access the
same.

PK

On 2/13/06, chadmichael@excite.com <chadmichael@excite.com> wrote:

> Hello.  I need some general information about how to set up a secure networking \
> enivorment.  The sounds like an overly general question but I specific needs and \
> just want someone to point me to the right area where I can do my own research.
>

> I work with a small team of software developers.  We all work from home.  We share \
> alot of data across the Internet, obviously.  Some of our clients have asked \
> whether we can provide a secure development environment for their products; they \
> have said that they don't want their stuff just out their on the Internet.  Bear in \
> mind, these clients may not know what they are talking about.
>

> I need to know what my options are for building a secure environment.  The basic \
> requirements are 1) the team works from different locations, 2) we need some level \
> of security
>

> So, I know that I could set up a VPN.  But I don't know what kind of security this \
> represents -- what are the other solutions and how to they compare in terms of \
> security?
>

> Again, thanks for any advice you can give.  Just point me in the right direction \
> and I'll find out the details myself.

Regards,
Prosenjit Kundu
-