List:       linux-net
Subject:    Copper vs Fiber...
From:       Roy Butler <roy.butler () jpl ! nasa ! gov>
Date:       2004-10-07 0:56:58

Networking Gurus,

Would you spare a minute to offer me some guidance?  Is there any
measurable throughput difference in gigabit ethernet over copper vs
gigabit ethernet over fiber?

 From what I've looked into, it looks like fiber will go longer hauls,
work in noisier environments, and is more prepared for the coming of
10-gigabit ethernet.  But, I haven't been able to find any performance
benchmarks comparing the two.

Any advice and/or pointers to references would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
Roy

-