List:       linux-msdos
Subject:    Re: Q on INT10: write pixel: NOT IMPLEMENTED
From:       Bart Oldeman <Bart.Oldeman () bristol ! ac ! uk>
Date:       2001-03-13 22:44:43

On Tue, 13 Mar 2001, jack logan wrote:

> Using dosemu 1.0.1.0 on Redhat 7.0 on PII 300 128 MRAM,
> I am running a DOS app which generates graphics.
>
> Using the command dos -X -Dv -o log_file_pipepro
> under an Exceed for Windows session.
> The log file generated includes a large number of lines
>   INT10: write pixel: NOT IMPLEMENTED
> this trace line is generated by the routine
>    /dosemu-1_0_1/src/base/bios/int10.c
>
> 1) Is the "write pixel" function:
>  1) something which can be done, but has not yet been done?
>  2) something which can not be done?
>  3) do not know if it can be done?
>  4) -- something else --
> Note:  I don't know what should be implemented for the "write pixel".

1) something which can be done, but has not yet been done?

We just haven't bothered: not very many DOS apps use it because it's very
slow to write pixels using the BIOS. But apparently you found one. I could
implement it fairly quickly now; it would require writing a
vgaemu_put_pixel function in src/env/video/vgaemu.c and interfacing to it
from int10.c.

Bart

-