List:       linux-msdos
Subject:    Re: Date in DOS different from system
From:       Luca Fini <lfini () arcetri ! astro ! it>
Date:       2001-03-02 8:12:21

On Thu, 1 Mar 2001, Zapp Foster wrote:

> My GNOME desktop has a clock running that's set for
> the correct time of day.  When I run DOSEMU and check
> the time, however, it's WAY off.  I tried setting TZ=
> in my shell, and the same TZ= in my autoexec.bat, but
> the DOS time just isn't correct.
>
> I looked through dosemu.conf and global.conf, and I
> can't find anything that looks like it will adjust
> the hours for the DOS clock representation.
>
> Has anyone had this problem?  If so, how did you get
> around it?

You do not say how much your dosemu date is out. My own is out by one hour
becasue I've set the clock to UTC, and dosemu (i.e. MS-DOS) doesn't
correct for the time zone. Maybe this is your problem, too?

						l.f.
       -- )     Luca Fini                            Tel: +39 055 2752 307
 ___    |\      Osservatorio Astrofisico di Arcetri  Fax: +39 055 2752 292
(___|___//___)  50125 Firenze  /   WWW: http://www.arcetri.astro.it/~lfini
 (_)      (_)   Italia        / e-mail: lfini@arcetri.astro.it