List:       linux-msdos
Subject:    Locking up
From:       "Chunks" <chunks () phatdesigns ! com>
Date:       2001-02-17 1:30:51

I'm running a different version of redhat (6.2 instead of 7.0 now, had to reinstall \
anyway) and now dosemu compiles without the slightest complaint.

But I'm still locking the system hard when I try to run even just the first-test. \
I've tried different CPU types in the dosemu.conf (586 and 386, I'm running a P3 so I \
assume that should be 686, but it's not an option).

At this point almost everything else is defaults. As far as I can see it just detects \
CPU speed, goes to load the new screen, and dies.

I'm not sure how to log what's happening... but any pointers on where to go from here \
would be appreciated. This has been tried with the 1.0.1 tgz fully compiled on my \
machine (error-free) and with the rpm. Same result. I'd appreciate any help, I hate \
being the newbie like this but with the amount it's locking my PC I'd rather not do \
it any more than I have to.

Thanks a lot,

Kit

-