List:       linux-msdos
Subject:    Re: compiling dosemu
From:       ebiederm () xmission ! com (Eric W !  Biederman)
Date:       2001-02-16 8:06:08

"Julia A . Case" <julie@MageNet.com> writes:

> I'll attach the output of the make program since it is a bit long to just
> cut and paste.
>

> In file included from base/data.c:12:
> /home/admins/julie/dosemu-1.1.1/src/include/config.h:41:31: warning: pasting "="
> and ""/etc/"" does not give a valid preprocessing token

O.k.  This is a valid error that the new gcc is catching.
In base/data.c line 8
it should say:
#define INIT(x...)		=  x

The existing ## in there is just bogus.

> In file included from base/data.c:12:
> /home/admins/julie/dosemu-1.1.1/src/include/config.h:42: `DOSEMULIB_DEFAULT'
> undeclared here (not in a function)

Now this is weird.  This may be caused by earlier errors just
cascading, or it is a gcc bug.  I'll have to see what happens with the
definition of INIT is fixed.

> /home/admins/julie/dosemu-1.1.1/src/include/machcompat.h:428: `NULL' undeclared
> here (not in a function)

Hmm.  This one is odd.  Has glibc changed where it defines NULL in it's
headers?

> In file included from /home/admins/julie/dosemu-1.1.1/src/include/cpu.h:16,
>                  from /home/admins/julie/dosemu-1.1.1/src/include/emu.h:26,
>                  from base/data.c:13:
> /home/admins/julie/dosemu-1.1.1/src/include/pic.h:103: `NEVER' undeclared here
> (not in a function)
Huh?
NEVER is defined  just a few lines above.  It looks like the same
gcc error as with DOSEMULIB_DEFAULT.

> In file included from base/data.c:13:
> /home/admins/julie/dosemu-1.1.1/src/include/emu.h:374: parse error before
> `__u16'

O.k. This looks like more glibc breakage, and bad dosemu usage (We
really shouldn't be using any identifiers that begin with
underscores).  The definitions are correct in types.h so I'm lost.

That is all I can digest for the moment.  Do any files except data.c
have problems compiling?  If not the INIT fix may be enough.
I'm definitely interested to hear if just fixing the definition of
INIT is enough or if the snapshot gcc in redhat 7.0 is seriously damaged.

Also have you applied the updates to redhat gcc-2.96.  From what I can
gather some bugs have been fixed.

Eric
-