List:       linux-msdos
Subject:    Re: Bringing up dosemu1.0.1 ond RedHat 7.0
From:       Bart Oldeman <Bart.Oldeman () bristol ! ac ! uk>
Date:       2001-02-02 22:53:13

On Fri, 2 Feb 2001, Jonathan Goldblatt wrote:

[...]

> What I'd like to know is how to submit the changes I've had to make to
> get dosemu to compile on gcc 2.96, so that they can be incorporated into
> the release version; did I make a mistake going with RedHat 7.0 and
> should I start over with another distribution (I'm just starting out, so
> that wouldn't be too hard); do you want me to run anything to flush out
> what's happening with FreeDOS; any other tips that might get me quicker
> to getting the DOS apps I want running up.

Right now FreeDOS is getting a lot better, but it's still safer to get DR
or MS DOS: lineo has a free (as in beer) for non-commercial use version
7.03 at ftp.lineo.com and an hdimage at www.drdos.com.

About your problems with gcc 2.96: they've been fixed before. And these
changes will probably be in 1.0.2 (Hans Lermen is probably the only one
who knows when it comes out). serv_xlat.c is just a matter of adding
spaces around the ..

> Well, back to soldiering on with configuration.

Good luck. To check your and the other poster's problem I really should go
through the first-test script myself (which I've just never got around
to; dosemu works for me ;-).

Bart

-