List:       linux-msdos
Subject:    Re: Xdos and a mono display
From:       Bart Oldeman <Bart.Oldeman () bristol ! ac ! uk>
Date:       2000-07-26 10:09:46

On Tue, 25 Jul 2000, Bill wrote:

> Well, my goal is to run a dos app designed for a vga and mono card, at the
> same time, on a machine with only pci slots (just try finding a pci mono-
> -chrome video card)

Good luck with that!

> Another thought I had is intercepting the dos api calls and not emulate
> an entire video card. Since testing htis will be easier under dosemu than
> real dos. What would the best place in dosemu be to catch an inturupt,
> look at the registers, and then ... execute whatever code I want?

Look at src/base/async/int.c. There is the function do_int() which is the
main interrupt handler, which calls the individual interrupt functions,
int05(), int10(), int21(), etc. Well, what more is there to say? The
obvious: look at the source for examples how to do it and grep is your
friend ;-)

Bart