List:       linux-msdos
Subject:    Long File Names - Int Interface
From:       Marc Perkel <marc () ctyme ! com>
Date:       2000-07-22 18:34:04

Hi, I'm a DOS programmer and I'm new to DosEMU and just getting it
working to see what it will do.

I'm not sure who to write about these requests so I'm sending it to
several people.

Early tests seem to work very well so far. I'm running the dos from
Win98. One of the things I really need that's missing is Dos long file
name support. Under Win95/98/2000 (but not NT4) dos programs can access
windows long names. There are a set of API calls to do this. I sure
would like it if they worked as I have several utilities, including my
MarxMenu language that counts on it.

In case you don't know about it, I have translated the Ralf Brown
Interrupt list to HTML and added a search. You'll find this useful for
DOS development.

http://www.ctyme.com/rbrown.htm

Also, I'm experimenting with the Int E6 stuff and it doesn't seem to
work. But I haven't given up yet. Are there more Dos API calls
available? Where's the list?

--
Marc Perkel                         Voice: 417-866-1222
Computer Tyme Software Lab            Fax: 760-838-8023