List:       linux-msdos
Subject:    Graphics in Dosemu
From:       Fu Ren-Li <xinjia () interlog ! com>
Date:       1999-12-07 10:41:45

After weeks of trying different configurations, I am still unable to run
a CGA program in dosemu.

This causes me great pain because it means I need to reboot my system on
a dos bootable floppy to run my program (kongze.exe). I've come to the
conclusion after looking at the mailing list archives that CGA mode and
EGA for that matter simply isn't supported. What a pity.. The first
thing I am going to do when I get finished with my christmas exams is
implement CGA and EGA modes for DOSEMU. I think it's crazy that I can't
run this little program.. well.. DOSEMU is still a great work, I'll just
try to improve it a little.

Is anyone else having trouble getting CGA and EGA programs to work? If
you give me the name of a small simple CGA program maybe I will be able
to disassemble it and figure it out. Right now Kongze.exe is about 110k,
so disassembling it will prove to be quite a lot of work. I was hoping
to find a simple 20k or so COM file I could disassemble.. so if anyone
knows such a program please inform me. Thanks.

--frl