List:       linux-msdos
Subject:    RE: Multiple DOSEMU sessions with semaphores
From:       "Bjoern.Kahl" <Bjoern.Kahl () kiel ! netsurf ! de>
Date:       1999-07-13 6:01:16

On 12-Jul-99 Billy Kuker wrote:

> [The] different lord sessions should comunicate with eachother
> throgh data files and temporary files (I belive the term is semaphores?)

> The problem is that this interaction isnt happening. when I exit a
> dosemu and start it again it picks up the new data files.

> How do I make changes to the hd image (it is an image) show up
> immediatly to the other dosemus? (I have the hdimage on a partition
> mounted witht he sync option, my first attempt to fix it)

 Hallo !

 I thing there is now way modifying a "running" hdimage from outside,
 at least not without filesystem corruption.

 Best idea: use a Linux-temp-directory (/home/login/lord-temp or so)
 and redierkt it with lredir in all dosemu-session:

 something like "lredir G:\ \Linux\fs/home/login/lord-temp"
 -> *** I don't know the right syntax - see dosemu-docu *** <-

 Any Change you made to files in this temp directory (Drive in DosEMU)
 should appear immediately in all other sessions.

 Bjoern