List:       linux-mm
Subject:    2.3.x swap cache seems to be a big leak
From:       "David S. Miller" <davem () redhat ! com>
Date:       2000-04-25 12:03:01

__delete_from_swap_cache depends upon remove_inode_page doing
a put_page or similar to kill the reference of the swap cache
itself

We changed remove_inode_page during the page cache rewrite such
that is no longer puts the page, the caller does.

If I am right, this causes swap cache pages to never go away.

So if I haven't missed something clever going on here, this would
explain a lot of problems people have reported with swapping making
their machines act weird and eventually run out of ram.

Later,
David S. Miller
davem@redhat.com