List:       linux-mm
Subject:    Re: (reiserfs) Re: RFC: Re: journal ports for 2.3?
From:       feiliu () aa ! eps ! jhu ! edu
Date:       1999-12-26 8:26:38

May I ask why the time is O(N*Log(N)) instead of O(Log(N)). We have this
interesting OS class implementing a AVL tree structured directory entry in
ext2 directory file on disk. I always think it is not going to work out.
But the TA and the professor keep telling me the new file system will be
better than ext2 bcause now we have O(Log(N)) time search(ok),
insert/removal(???). I really doubt it but I do not know where they can be
wrong.

besides, how can one join this linux-fsdevel@vger.rutgers.edu email list?
I did not find a place having instruction on doing it.
Fei

 *  Email:afei@jhu.edu | WWW:   http://aa.eps.jhu.edu/~feiliu    *
  *  (410)889-9876(H)  | Johns Hopkins Univ. | (410)516-7047(O) *