William Lee Irwin III wrote: > > On Sun, Aug 29, 2004 at 01:59:17PM -0700, Andrew Morton wrote: > > The changlog wasn't that detailed ;) > > But yes, it's the large nr_requests which is tripping up swapout. I'm > > assuming that when a process exits with its anonymous memory still under > > swap I/O we're forgetting to actually free the pages when the I/O > > completes. So we end up with a ton of zero-ref swapcache pages on the LRU. > > I assume. Something odd's happening, that's for sure. > > Maybe we need to be checking for this in end_swap_bio_write() or > rotate_reclaimable_page()? Maybe. I thought a get_page() in swap_writepage() and a put_page() in end_swap_bio_write() would cause the page to be freed. But not. It needs some actual real work done on it. -- To unsubscribe, send a message with 'unsubscribe linux-mm' in the body to majordomo@kvack.org. For more info on Linux MM, see: http://www.linux-mm.org/ . Don't email: aart@kvack.org