Jens Axboe wrote: > > > > It only happens with the CFQ elevator, and this backout patch makes it go > > > away. > > > > It's not bizarre, if you backout that fix (it is a fix!), ->nr_requests > > isn't initialized when cfq gets there. So it'll throttle incorrectly in > > may_queue, not a good idea. > > Oh, and I think the main issue is the vm. It should cope correctly no > matter how much pending memory can be in progress on the queue, else it > should not write out so much. CFQ is just exposing this bug because it > defaults to bigger nr_requests. That was my point. -- To unsubscribe, send a message with 'unsubscribe linux-mm' in the body to majordomo@kvack.org. For more info on Linux MM, see: http://www.linux-mm.org/ . Don't email: aart@kvack.org