List:       linux-mips
Subject:    Re: R4000sc-50 (was: O2 R5000/R10000)
From:       "Michael 'Maki' Kato" <mk2s () digitalcommute ! com>
Date:       2000-06-27 12:50:27

>I have a Mips R4000sc-50 with RiscOS and with no floppy drive nor a video
>card. I would like to install Linux on it. Can I use a pc floppy drive and
>a ISA pc video card ?

I think that machine has EISA and hence ISA bus.  You may be able to stick a
ISA vga card in it.  It will not work with the ARC BIOS, but may work after
the machine boots into Linux.  I have not heard of anyone doing this though.

At one point that machine ran Linux, but I have a feeling no one is currently
running it, and hence some of the code has bit rot.