List:       linux-mips
Subject:    Re: DECstation rtc driver
From:       "Maciej W. Rozycki" <macro () ds2 ! pg ! gda ! pl>
Date:       2000-03-29 6:43:52

On Tue, 28 Mar 2000, Ralf Baechle wrote:

> Sounds really bad - but regular kernel patching isn't an option either.

 I'll implement the workaround I mentioned earlier as soon as I get my box
configured suitably.  It should work transparently if we get the 73 vs
70/71 issue resolved.  Changes will aply to dec/time.c.

> You could use some sliding window solution in combination with a time stored
> on disk.

 It surely is an option, but we would have to handle the issue of the year
change happening when a system is powered off at Dec 31st anyway.