List:       linux-mips
Subject:    Re: 2.6 on IP22 (Indy)
From:       "Maciej W. Rozycki" <macro () linux-mips ! org>
Date:       2005-06-29 16:54:25

Hello Markus,

> I think I found the trick. Just following the hint that the R4600
> is similar to the R5000 I added CPU_R4600 to build_tlb_probe_entry().

 Well, they are not meant to be errata-compatible. ;-)  I haven't been
able to locate any reference for tlbp being problematic on the R4600, in
particular not in the chip errata document, and the old handlers used to
have a nop before that instruction unconditionally (perhaps just in case
;-) ), so the problem was covered.  If it fixes the problem for you, then
it should probably be applied, too.  Not sure about the R4700 -- it fixed
a few problems that were there in the R4600 as a side effect, so perhaps
we should wait for some report first.

  Maciej