List:       linux-megaraid-devel
Subject:    Perc4-DI, Dell 1750, are there issues?
From:       <rschapel () edtech ! mcc ! edu>
Date:       2003-07-31 13:30:23

Greetings:
  It's been a little while since I posted about the troubles with my
PERC3/DC cards, and I am putting a request (at work) to get a couple of
new Dell 1750's. I noticed that the built in controller is no longer
adaptec (EGADS) and is now some LSI controller. I was wondering what I
am getting myself into with this card (built in)? I have 2 PERC3/DC
cards sitting on my desk, because of all the issues I had with them, and
I don't want to relive that nightmare. Have the performance issues with
LSI cards, specifically the these new PERC4/DI cards been resolved, or
at the level in which people are content. Maybe the problems don't exist
with the new Perc4 cards (rather built ins). Some feedback would be
GREATLY appreciated!

--Randy